A sinus infection or also known as sinusitis is swelling or inflammation of the tissue lining the sinuses. In other words, it is actually inflammation of the air cavities within the nasal passages.
It can be triggered by infections, allergies, as well as particulate or chemical irritation of the sinuses. Sinusitis is a common health problem that affects a great number of people.
Here Are the Most Common Signs and Symptoms of A Chronic Sinus Infection:
- Stuffy nose
- Facial pain or discomfort
- Congestion or coughing
- Loss of smell
- Bad breath
Types of Sinusitis:
– Acute sinusitis: This type of sinusitis is characterized by cold-like symptoms, such as a stuffy and runny nose, and facial pain, which might start suddenly and last up to 14 days.
– Subacute sinusitis: It typically lasts for 1-2 months.
– Chronic sinusitis: It usually lasts for 2 months or even longer.
– Recurrent sinusitis: It occurs a few times a year.
Most people often take medications if they experience a sinus infection. However, these medications provide only temporary relief and may even aggravate your symptoms.
On the contrary, here is an incredible homemade remedy that can significantly alleviate the symptoms of a sinus infection.
Homemade Sinus Pain Relief Remedy
- Half a cup of pure water
- Juice of one organic lemon
- A quarter cup of raw, organic and unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- A tablespoon of raw, organic honey
- A tablespoon of cayenne pepper
Method of Preparation:
- Start by boiling the water and then transfer it into a mug.
- Afterwards, while stirring, you should slowly add the apple cider vinegar. (In fact, this type of vinegar has an ability to boost your immune system as well as improve your overall health.)
- Mix well the ingredients and then add the honey and cayenne pepper.
- Also, you should stir the mixture again in order to preserve the health-promoting nutrients of the honey.
- At least, just add the lemon juice and stir it again.
How to Use It:
It is advisable to take the remedy 2 times on a daily basis. Take it in the morning, on an empty stomach, and before bedtime. Consume the remedy until your sinus infection symptoms are gone.