Colds and flu activate and many people suffer have health issues when winter comes. Germs spread when temperature changes and many people fall ill. Sore throat, sniffing and coughs are something that is very common!
Today we will present you something very effective and natural that will increase your immunity and alleviate those symptoms.
Health Profile of Garlic
This veggie is full of allicin – an extremely powerful anti-fungal, anti-microbial, antioxidant and antiviral substance. It is absolutely beneficial for the circulatory system, digestive system, immunity and also decreases your high blood pressure. You can opt for some garlic supplements that are odorless if you cannot stand its aroma.
- Lowers inflammation
- Soothes infections on the respiratory tract
- Removes parasites
- Treats sore throat
- Helps prevent weight gain
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Diminishes arterial plaque
- Regulates blood pressure levels
- Fights off allergies
Garlic is packed with vitamins and minerals. It lowers the symptoms of cold and flu by 50% according to the latest study.
Health Profile of Ginger
Ginger is also one of the healthiest herbs on the planet. This traditional remedy is ideal in the fight against digestive issues, fevers, flu and cold. This anti-inflammatory agent is great in relieving arthritis and it also treats nausea and vomiting. Ginger is rich in antifungal, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.
Flu-Fighting Ginger Garlic Soup
- 7 cups of chicken broth – you can also use veggie stock if you are a vegan
- 1 diced hot-chili pepper
- 50 grams of grated ginger
- 2 diced garlic cloves
- 4 sliced onions
- Place the garlic, ginger and onions into a pot. Sauté them for a few minutes.
- Place the broth or stock and let it boil
- Leave it boil until becomes soft
- Finally, add the pepper and simmer for 3-4 min more
You can use other spices if you do not like chili.
To make it even healthier, you can add some carrots and butternut squash
This amazing soup will be complete meal if you add some chicken cutlets, sliced mushrooms and chopped broccoli. Replace the chicken with beans if you are vegan