A mixture of cottage cheese and flaxseed oil, also referred to as the “Budwig Diet,” has long been used to fight cancer.
Dr. Johanna Budwig was an excellent expert on oils and fats and influential German biochemist.
She did research that found the right combination of flaxseed oil and cottage cheese, also referred to as quark, may help prevent, treat, and even cure cancer.
She was looking for possible cures or treatments for cancer, when she noticed that quark had the similar sulphydryl groups, such as methionine and cysteine amino acids, present in almost all cancer treatment medications.
What she found was that oils and fats possess essential polyunsaturated fats that are main components of cellular membranes. In fact, if the membrane of a cell is damaged or sick, it is not able to do its main job. This means that it cannot do essential life processes, including cellular respiration; and division and formation of new, healthy cells.
These Two Essential Polyunsaturated Fats Are Crucial to Cell Membrane Support:
- Omega-6 fatty acids known as Linoleic Acid;
- Omega-3 fatty acids known as Linolenic Acid (It has anti-cancer properties that can help prevent illness and disease.)
How Does a Mixture of Flaxseed Oil and Cottage Cheese Work to Prevent or Treat Cancer?
When you mix flaxseed oil with cottage cheese, it results in a chemical reaction because the unsaturated fatty acids present in the oil bind with the sulphydryl groups found in the cheese. In addition, it causes the flaxseed to become water soluble, which means it can penetrate into a cell, thus providing it with the needed energy.
Like any biological function in your body, your cells need energy to do the numerous functions they are designed to do.
The mixture of flaxseed oil and cottage cheese can provide your cells with energy.
Namely, Dr. Budwig realized that those cancer patients who received the mixture had a significant improvement in the oxygen supply to their cells. Moreover, they also were at a lower risk of cancer. That’s not all, they also experienced relief from all cancer types, such as skin, breast, gastrointestinal, and brain cancers.
What Is the Budwig Diet Composed of?
Dr. Budwig’s cancer patients were not only advised to consume the flaxseed and cottage cheese mixture, but they were also recommended to make some other lifestyle and dietary changes to stay healthy and eventually fight cancer:
- Exclude all processed foods from your diet; The trans fats and chemicals present in processed foods are detrimental to your health, particularly if you have a compromised immune system or cancer. The toxins present in the environment can induce cancer development. Therefore, you should remove all sources of these toxins to give your body the possibility for healing. Avoid eating foods packed with pesticides and trans fats; and avoid using plastics, which possess a number of toxic chemicals, and carcinogenic cooking tools such as Teflon coated pans.
- Always consume fresh foods; This means that you should avoid eating leftover food because it may possess bacteria and other dangerous substances.
- Consume only raw, organic vegetables and fruits;
- Consume plenty of pure water;
- Reduce your consumption of animal fat, meat, or sugar;
- Optimize your vitamin D levels by getting appropriate sunshine to promote healing in your body and mind; (It is a fact that getting adequate sun exposure can optimize your Vitamin D levels, which can improve your overall health and well-being and help in the treatment of many cancer types.)
- Avoid taking your regular supplements and medications since you should take specific supplements and make sure that there is nothing that can impede the process.
- Use freshly ground flaxseeds; This means that you should eat the flaxseeds in 15 minutes of grinding to get the health-promoting nutrients in their freshest form.
- Make a mixture of flaxseed oil and cottage cheese in a 1:2 ratio. You should blend the ingredients until you get a homogenous mixture. Also, you should combine the amount you are taking at one time for maximum benefits.
According to Dr. Budwig, if you suffer from cancer, you should consume up to eight tbsp. of flaxseed oil in this anti-cancer remedy each day.
In case you suffer from pancreatic or liver cancer, you should work up to this amount of oil gradually, so start with one tsp. at a time in order to give your body time to adjust.
If the cancer is cured, you should keep taking a maintenance dose of one tbsp. of the oil per each 100 pounds of body weight. Plus, you should also take one tbsp. of the oil every day for cancer prevention.
Furthermore, a large number of other cancer experts has been implementing similar cancer treatment protocols to their regimes since Dr. Budwig’s cancer protocol is extremely effective. They have done it to help improve cellular function and health by enhancing the total level of oxygen in the cells, lowering overall body acidity, building and boosting the immune system, and eventually minimize any possible carcinogenic agents in the body.
The Budwig Anti-Cancer Recipe
Keep in mind that you should only use organic ingredients for maximum benefits. In short, use cold-pressed flax oil without any lignins and opt for the oil that comes in a dark bottle. You should NOT use the oil, which is past its expiration date.
In addition, low-quality cottage cheese usually blocks the necessary chemical reaction between the fatty acids and sulphydryl, i.e., the main point of the treatment. What’s more, this type of cheese often contains hormones and preservatives that can couple with the high heat pasteurization processes, thus reducing the quality of sulfur-possessing protein.
All you need to do is mix two tbsp. of organic, low-fat (about 2%) cottage cheese with one tbsp. of flaxseed oil for every 100 pounds of body weight.
It is important to know that you can adjust the amounts of both ingredients depending on the severity of your cancer symptoms and your dosage needs.
First of all, place the flaxseed oil into a glass container and then add the cottage cheese.
Combine the ingredients together by using an immersion blender for one minute or until you create a cream-like consistency. Make sure you do not blend it by hand.
Afterwards, grind 2 tbsp. of brown or golden flaxseeds in a coffee grinder for about one minute. Next, place the ground flaxseed in another glass bowl.
Then, mix the mixture of oil and cheese with the ground flaxseed and use a spoon to stir it.
Also, you can add organic spices, fruits, and nuts.
Check out the video below to learn how to prepare this anti-cancer mixture:
Although this cancer-fighting remedy has been found to be effective, it can actually take 3-6 months to notice any improvements.
In case you notice that the severity of your cancer symptoms starts increasing, you should consult your physician or health professional.