There are about 7,000 poisonous snake-bite cases reported in the U.S each year. The snake bites are known to be deadly. It can result in infection and allergic reaction or unexpected death. The victims have only ten minutes, but it depends on how poisonous the snakes are and how much venom it has been injected.
If you are bitten by snake, you need to get fast medical help as soon as possible. If you are bitten by a poisonous or harmless snake, your life will be at risk. But, there are home remedies that can help in case of snake bite.
This is what you should do:
*Call an ambulance*
If the snake is poisonous; if the victim cannot breathe; if the victim loses consciousness.
*Protect the victim*
-You should explain to the medical people that not all of them are poisonous to lessen the panic and chaos.
-You should move the victim gradually away from the snake.
-You should place the victim so the wound will be below the heart.
-Make sure that he/she rests and is calmed down to keep spreading of the venom.
-You need to use sterile bandage to wrap the wound, remove the jewelry from the area or the shoes if the bite is on the foot.
Things that discourage are:
-Give the victim caffeinated drinks or alcohol or other medications;
-Cut the wound;
-You should try to suck out the venom;
-Apply water, ice or tourniquet.
Source > homeremediescorner.com