Garlic is an excellent culinary spice, and one of the oldest cultivated plants worldwide.
It has been used for thousands of years thanks to its healing properties. Namely, ancient civilizations that never contacted each other recognized the remarkable value in this plant. Furthermore, ancient Egyptians used garlic to elevate their productivity and strength, fight circulatory ailments, and prevent insect infestation.
Ancient Romans consumed it to fight joint disease, cardiovascular disease, and gastrointestinal disorders.
That’s not all, ancient Greek soldiers consumed garlic to protect the skin against poison and improve their courage. Chinese and Japanese took garlic to treat digestive and respiratory disorders.
Science-Based Therapeutic Effects of Garlic
Researchers have found that garlic is a super-food with numerous health benefits, including:
- Boosts the immune system
- Removes toxins
- Alleviates traveler’s diarrhea
- Fights fungal infections
- Relieves the symptoms of cold and hay fever
- Lowers the itching and swelling caused by bug bites
- Regulates blood pressure levels
- Reduces the risk of atherosclerosis
- Decreases LDL (bad) cholesterol
- Prevents coronary heart disease
- Lowers the risk of heart attacks
What’s more, it can also alleviate the symptoms of the following conditions:
- Enlarged prostate
Here Is How to Include Garlic into Your Diet:
Honey and Garlic Recipe
Eat raw garlic because heat can decentralize allicin. Allicin is its main active ingredient. All you need to do is crush and chop the garlic cloves, allow it to sit for at least 15 minutes, and then add it to your food. Crush the garlic to enhance its bioavailability.
Consume this on a regular basis in order to boost your immune system, increase energy and support good overall health.
- 1 tbsp. of raw, organic honey
- 2-3 finely chopped raw garlic cloves
Simply mix the ingredients and consume the remedy on an empty stomach on a daily basis.
DIY Flu Tonic Recipe
You should consume the remedy to boost your immune system and fight common colds and flu.
- 5 finely chopped garlic cloves
- Freshly squeezed juice of one lemon
- 2 chopped red chili peppers
- 1 tbsp. of chopped ginger
- Some raw, organic and unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- You should add the ingredients into a 350-500 ml mason jar. But, make sure you add them one layer at a time.
- Start by adding the garlic, and then add the chili peppers.
- Afterwards, add the ginger, the lemon juice and then add the apple cider vinegar.
- Next, seal the jar, but make sure there is about 1 centimeter of space from the rim.
- Keep it in a dry and cool place and take some of the remedy on a regular basis until the symptoms of flu disappear.
- Also, you can take it to prevent flu.